This agreement (“Agreement”) is between Aegisys Cloud Solutions (“Aegisys”) at Suite 7 – 598 Falconbridge Road, Sudbury, ON, Canada and the Customer (“Customer”). The agreement is made effective as of the date of the Agreement.
By using services (“Services”) provided by Aegisys, Customers agree to comply with the Acceptable Use Policies outlined in this agreement (AUP) and also to indemnify Aegisys against any claims arising from any violation of this Policy as per sections 9 of the Aegisys Service Agreement.
Aegisys reserves the right to make changes to this Acceptable Use Policy at any time without notice, and those changes will be effective immediately upon posting to Aegisys web site at: https://www.aegisys.com.
Aegisys Customers agree to and are responsible for regularly reviewing this Policy. Continued use of Aegisys services following any changes shall constitute acceptance of those changes by Customer.
This policy recognizes the fundamental fact that no one owns or controls the Internet. Aegisys cannot monitor or control all activities of our Customers and their clients. We do not intend to actively screen, review, censor, edit or take responsibility for the activities or content of our Customers. Customers, not Aegisys, assume all responsibility relating to their Internet activities including, but not limited to:
· Aspects of the Customer’s business
· Content and data provided by or through a Customer
· Customer’s computer and communications systems needed to access the Services
· Results obtained from using Aegisys Services
· Compliance with all applicable laws and governmental regulations regarding Customer’s business or use of the Services
· Use of the Aegisys services by Customer’s end users
· Compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy by the Customer and Customer’s end users
· Activities conducted on the Internet are subject to many of the same laws and regulations applicable to the offline environment. Customers must exercise a high degree of judgment and responsibility with respect to their use of the Services, including the responsibility to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
Customers will violate this Policy when they or their affiliates engage in any of the following activities:
Using the Aegisys network in any way that adversely affects other Aegisys Customers is strictly prohibited. This includes but is not limited to:
· Gaining or attempting to gain unauthorized access to servers or services. Such attempts include but are not limited to: “Internet phishing scams” (tricking other people into releasing their passwords or other confidential information or data), password robbery, security hole scanning, port scanning, probing, monitoring or testing for system or network vulnerabilities.
· Introducing viruses, Trojan horses, trap doors, back doors, Easter eggs, worms, time bombs, packet bombs, cancel bots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
· Intentionally omitting, deleting, forging or misrepresenting transmission information, including headers, return addressing information and IP addresses.
· Using IP addresses which were not assigned to them by Aegisys.
· Running Internet Relay Chat (IRC) servers, bots or clients.
Accounts may be terminated that include content or where links are provided to content that:
· Is unlawful.
· Is considered offensive by the web community in general.
· Promotes injury or physical harm against any group or individual.
· Promotes or teaches illegal activities.
· Exploits or depicts children in a negative or sexual way.
· Infringes on copyright, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other intellectual property including but not limited to: pirated computer programs, cracker utilities, warez and software serial numbers or registration codes.
· Violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation governing the Customer’s business or activities, including without limitation the laws and regulations governing export control, unfair competition, false advertising, consumer protection, issuance or sale of securities, trade in firearms, privacy, data transfer and telecommunications.
· SPAM or Unsolicited Commercial Email
Aegisys has a zero tolerance policy for the sending of SPAM or Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE) over our network. Aegisys Customers cannot send SPAM or UCE and cannot host sites or information advertised in SPAM or UCE. Customers are also responsible for the actions of their clients and must take all reasonable precautions to secure their servers and sites against SPAM exploits (e.g. open email relays and insecure CGI scripts).
Violating our UCE or SPAM policy will result in penalties. Upon detection or notification of a violation of our UCE policy, Aegisys will initiate an immediate investigation. During this time, outgoing mail may be suspended from the offending ip address to prevent further violations. If a client is found to be in violation of our UCE policy, Aegisys will impose penalties and/or, at its discretion, restrict or terminate the offending account and the Customer’s access to our network. Repeated or serious violations may result in the immediate termination of the account.
SPAM is a very serious matter.
PLEASE DO NOT SPAM and TAKE ALL PRECAUTIONS against SPAM EXPLOITS.
Administrative Login and Management Software
To facilitate data centre/network/server management, inventory and related activities, Aegisys DDS (VPS), dedicated and shared servers include a Aegisys administrative account and password and/or a Aegisys daemon. All reasonable precautions are made by Aegisys to maintain the security of these tools and the privacy of client data. Customers cannot tamper, hinder, delete, or in anyway change the functioning of these tools. To do so intentionally or otherwise is a violation of this agreement and is grounds for the immediate suspension of a Customer’s account.
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is not exhaustive. Aegisys has the right to refuse service to anyone at any time WITHOUT WARNING OR PRIOR NOTICE. No refunds of fees paid will be made if account termination is due to a violation of the Acceptable Use Policy as outlined above.
Invoicing is Net 30 Days and all pricing included in this quote are in Canadian dollars.
Aegisys reserves the right to charge investigation/resolution/cleanup fees related to any AUP violation or delinquent account activity. Price does not include taxes. Tax, tag, and title not included in advertised price.
What is the standard coverage for Errors and Omissions Insurance included in the services offered?
Aegisys coverage is 2 Million dollars for Errors and Omissions.
Security standards used by Aegisys
Aegisys is a Service Provider and conforms to the PCI Attestation of Compliance for Onsite Assessments – Service Providers Version 3.2. Services we provide meet specific compliance standards FINRA and HIPAA. Aegisys staff is fully background checked. Aegisys is certified by the State of Rhode Island lottery. Police services provides background check services for Aegisys compliance to Police and Fire proprietary systems and services including 911 management.
What are the typical contract terms in years or months?
Aegisys has month to month, and 1 and 3 year terms pricing models. Our clients custom tailor their solution that meets their individual needs today with the confidence that should more be needed, services may be added to our agreements at any time.